As designated counsel for the ABC program, Fitzpatrick & Hunt, Pagano, Aubert, LLP handles, coordinates and oversees all claims and litigation across the United States, and around the world. Through its long history in aerospace related litigation, Fitzpatrick & Hunt brings an experience and depth to its clients in this specialized area of the law “ a number of its attorneys having technical backgrounds in areas such as: engineering, piloting and aircraft maintenance. The firm also draws on a network of experienced local counsel located across the country and around the world. If an ABC insured has a local counsel, with aerospace expertise, that it wishes to recommend to work as part of the defense team led by Fitzpatrick & Hunt on specific matters, Lead Underwriters are open to consideration of such proposals.
Clients and brokers have full time access to their matters through Fitzpatrick & Hunt's Total Electronic Aviation Management Database (TEAM) at this link.
The law offices of Fitzpatrick & Hunt are in the role of ABC Defense Counsel, with Mendes & Mount handling asbestos, chemical exposure, and other toxic tort and health hazard claims ("Toxic Claims") for ABC.
Claims and Litigation Management
ABC's Defense Counsel works closely with ABC insureds in the following areas:
- On-site accident investigation.
- Post accident product teardowns, inspections and testing.
- Liaising and interfacing with government agencies.
- Drafting and reviewing service bulletins, warranties and contract language.
- Defense of claims and litigation.
- Online access to individual insured's claims data.
Product Liability and Loss Prevention
Seminars for ABC insureds covering this important issue are provided by ABC's Defense Counsel as a complimentary service.
The seminars are conducted at the insured's facility and focus on the specific needs and topics of particular interest to each ABC insured.
These seminars cover the following topics:
- The need for and the creation of product integrity and safety programs
- Legal theories of liability
- The judicial system
- Litigation from inception through the appeal process
- Document retention
- Update on product liability law
ABC's Defense Counsel also continuously provides advice and guidance on such issues as:
- Drafting warranty language and service bulletins
- Responding to FAA & NTSB inquiries and investigations
- Holding product integrity committee meetings
- Continuously reviewing and updating the product integrity program
Contact information for Fitzpatrick & Hunt, Pagano, Aubert, LLP
Garrett J. Fitzpatrick, Esq.
Fitzpatrick & Hunt, Pagano, Aubert, LLP
12 East 49th Street, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10017
tel: (212) 937-4002
fax: (212) 937-4050